Well, the much anticipated arrival of Baby Dwarf has come!! He was exactly a week late but could not have come at a better time! We went in Wednesday night at 11:30pm to FINALLY be induced! We had been waiting all evening. After we settled in and got our room and nurse they started me on Cervidal. They administer that drug ever 3 hours. I received the first dose at 1 and another at 3. Around 3:30am we started contractions! They were great till around 6am when they broke my water! Oh man, after they did that the nurses wanted to slow my contractions because they were coming TOO fast! After they tried that the Dr came in and told me it was time to push! Well, I wasn't having ANY of this pain! So, I asked fr an epideral. Since my contractions started I had 2 doses of an IV adminsitered narcotic to help with the pain. Those just made me loopy and made Jason laugh! So, they called in the anesthesiologist to give me the epideral and by the time he made it there they sent him packing because I was already delivering our beautiful boy! They were worried about his heart rate during my contractions, so they needed to have the internal moniter on him and to turn me on my side! BAD IDEA! But after that we were ready to go. So, after alot of pushing and yelling, our boy was born at 10:24am.
Jason was such a great coach! He was there the whole time and he didn't eat all that time! Nor did he sleep alot either. However, he did get really dirty during the whole process. Just as he turned to say something to me, fluid went ALL over him and NOT the doctor. Made me laugh after I knew what had happened. The doctor then took the boy over to the nurses to clean him up a little and get him crying. I heard the nurses and Jason talking about boy and girl babies and through my tears I asked "Is he still a boy?!" Everyone laughed and said "Yes, he is still a boy."
Our boy has changed our lives, but it has been the best change!! He is a great little boy and we love him dearly!! I will update more soon...after I put my boy down!! :)


1 comments:
AW! I love LOVE this!! :) Congrats to you both!
Post a Comment