With the use of digital cameras, the newspaper online, and the internet you can't be anything but grateful. I am grateful to know that I live in a country where I can live as I will, practice what I preach and love who I will. But after reading on MSN today I am even more grateful. There was a picture of a mother holding her 3-month old child who was wrapped up tightly and you could only see her face. The mother was wailing outside of the hospital because her husband had beat the child for being born a girl. Anyway, I am just grateful I could bring each of my children home from the hospital without wondering if my husband would accept them. It made me think how grateful I am for my son, who I love unconditionally and will always love, for my husband who accepts me for who I am and loves me just the same! I am grateful for the people that make this country and make this a free land for all to come for refuge, safety and support. May we all remember those who have fought, continue to fight and will fight for the freedoms we enjoy daily!! And may we all keep those in our thoughts and prayers who may not know the freedoms we enjoy and hope that they will one day live without judgements, prejudice, and hatred.
Friday, April 13, 2012
America
Posted by Margaret and Jason Mair at 2:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment