Monday, September 8, 2008

Parades, Peaches & Canning!

Jason and I had a fun filled weekend! We found out Friday night that we were going with Wes & Julie to a Parade in Brigham City! (about 1hr and 30mins away!) And that Jason was going to be in it! He got to drive one of the Klunker Cars!!
He had so much fun! We had a little trouble at the beginning but we got him going and he was so excited! Then we went and ate at Maddocks! Yum Yum! Then we hit a fruit stand and got peaches because Julie knows how to can and I really want to learn. So on Sunday we went over to Wes & Julie's and we learned how to can peaches, Wes had already made salsa and we canned that and then we ate spaghetti with homemade CANNNED sauce! YUM! We had so much fun!
Those are the peaches I canned and the salsa that we all sort of helped canned! LOL! Thank you Wes & Julie! I am so excited to start canning on my own!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Wow, lady, you are amazing. I have never canned anything in my life, and I probably never will. I'm very impressed!

Aplanalps said...

I grew up dancing in the Peach Day parade. My family lives about 15 minutes north. We eat at Maddox every time I go there. Shrimp steak is the way to go! I LOVE their peaches. I am sad I missed it but happy you got to experience it.