First, I want to plug my mom's skills! She made this beautiful coat for Jason! As you all know he is a Freemason and will soon (1 year) be Worshipful Master. Which means he gets to run the lodge for a year. So, she made this wonderful coat for him. It is a western style (1890's) frock coat. She did such a wonderful job and this coat in a store would have cost me $200 and she made it for $100. This is not including labor costs and I won't tell you what the labor costs would be if I was NOT her daughter. (I don't really want to know either!) But this coat is BETTER then what you buy in the store! Heck everything she makes is WAY better then buying the same thing in the store! And it's a whole lot cheaper!
Anyway! I wanted to write this post about my adorable and most handsome husband. In this outfit I think he is more handsome looking then he looked on our wedding day! He just looks so good and so distinguished it's not even funny! He has always been into the western era and has always loved reading about the cowboys. He favorite movie is Tombstone. We have watched Lonesome Dove, Maverick, Young Guns and so on. When he said "I want to get a western style suit!" I didn't know what to think. So we called mom, asked her if we could send her a pattern, his measurements and some material if she could make a coat. She insisted that we start with practice coat so that we could get the measurements right and see how it fits. So we started buying this outfit. We first bought him a pair of boots that he could wear everyday. I didn't mind that so much. They looked good and he liked them. Well then came the hat! And some boot socks. Then the coat. Another pair of boots. A pair of pants. A shirt and bow tie. This outfit looks great! I didn't think it would turn out but it all came together and it is a stunning outfit.


0 comments:
Post a Comment