Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Sad News!

***Breaking News! I have just been informed of some news that when we reported this story we had some false information. So Mama J has had 5 surgeries, 3 of those were laser surgeries. And her Retina tore because she is so near-sided that it stretched the eyeball away for the retina! Oh and she won't be 55 till December 18th of this year! Gosh! Sorry about this and I hope this doesn't mess anyone up =) ***

If anybody has been keeping tabs on my Mama, you know that she has been having a fight with her right eye for quite sometime. The Retina tore away and she has not been able to see at all. She has gone through 2 surgeries so far. And this last doctor said that she MIGHT be able to have her vision FULLY back! Well when they took the bandage off and she went home she could see actual pictures on the wall from a good feet away. Well on Saturday she went to the eye doctor at Wal-mart and he presented her with some pretty sad news. He told her that she would NEVER be able to see out of that eye again. What they will do is continue to update her perscription in her left eye and just give her a plain glass for the other eye. I feel really bad! I wish I could have been there for her on Saturday to hold her hand and tell her everything would be alright! But unfortunately I am out here and she is in Flordia! The surgeon said that her eye was a complete shred job! They don't have a definite answer as to why it happened like that. It usually happens when you have a MAJOR blow to the head or you get old. SHE IS ONLY 55 FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!

I love you Mama! I always will! =)

0 comments: