Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Hmm...What to post!

Hmm...is right! My BFF Leah told me I had to post! I don't really know what to post about. Hmm, I am 6'0 and weigh 145 pounds. I like long walks on the beach and sun bathing! Oh, and I LOVE teddy bears! I have about 140! No really I need to think of a good thing to post about!


I guess I have been thinking for a while about my grandpa, Harold "Hap" Tumblin. He was such a funny guy. On Friday, May 9 it will be 9 years that he has been gone! It was very strange how we found out about his passing. I remember I had blown up the air mattress and we were living in our house. I wanted to sleep in my parents room that night since it was Mother's Day! So I did. At the time my Mama was on very strong sleeping medication so it took her about a week to really realize that he was gone. But, let me back up. My grandmother is a VERY mean person. She kicked my mom and her sister out of the family a few years before all this happened. So we had no ties with my grandpa after this because she didn't want us to. Oh well! Her loss! But anyway. We were struggling with bills at the time and our phone had been shut off. So my aunt called the local police department to give us a message. So around 11:30pm police officer showed up at our door and asked that my mom come outside to his car that he had a message from her sister to call Harold Tumblin. That is also her brother's name and this guy wasn't aware of it. So then she came back inside explained what had happened and then went back to bed. My dad came home from teaching seminar the next morning and asked if she was doing alright. And she was like "Yeah! I am doing fine. Why do you ask?" And he then explained to her what happened the night before. So she drove to a friends house and called her sister to see what happened. And then they called all the aunts to let them know about their brother. Since then it really has never been the same. I have seen grandpa several times in my dreams and I can feel when he is very near me. Grandpa was such a special person. My mom and I thought we would never find anyone like him. Till we met Jason Lee Mair. They are the exact same person. And this past Thursday, Jason and I were able to make it to the Salt Lake Temple to do an endownment session. Jason never got the opportunity to meet my grandpa! But he knew he was there that day. I remember we were doing the baptism for him and his brother. I looked over and saw two people in spirit standing off to the side. One had a cane in his hand. I knew they were there and that they had been waiting a long time! What a neat experience and opportunity I have to spend the rest of eternity with the greatest gentleman I know and love.

I remember we would go up to Lakeland once a month right after sacrament meeting. We would always go to Ryan's. We had such a fun time. They lived right on a golf course and my dad, my grandpa and I would walking around after lunch. And then we would come back and watch Dorf on Golf! That was my favorite show to watch! We just had so much fun! I remember he use to have Sprite for us kids and Diet Sprite for him and grandma. And he accidently gave me a Diet and I was like "Grandpa, this tastes different! But I like it!" He always poured it in a glass for me! He went to the trash can and saw that it was diet! He felt so bad he apologized to my mom forever that Sunday!
It's amazing how similar Jason & my Grandfather are. They are both Masons. They are both so silly! They are both concerned about their favorite girls (my mom = grandpa's girl/ Me = Jason's Girl). We both love them the most! They are both gentlemen.

Grandpa, this is for you! I will always love you and remember you! I cherish the time we had together! I miss you with all of my heart! May you be waiting for me when I come home at the end of my days! xoxo ~Punkinhead! =)

0 comments: