Sunday, April 27, 2008

Saturday Adventures!

This past Saturday, Jason surprised me and took me to Temple Square to walk around. It was such a great day to just walk around and be together. We took the Trax line down there because with the price of gas, traffic and parking it's totally worth it to take the train! We started out in the Church Museum (Jason needed a potty break) and he got a book about the Symbols of the Architect of the Temple and he then bought me a necklace. I was busy looking at a painting of the Tree of Life Dream when he bought that. Then we made our way over to the square and walked in the Asembly Hall. If you ever want to see a really cool building that is one to see out there too! The architect in there is magnificent. We then went to the South Visitors Center. I have never been in that one. It has some interesting things about the pioneers. We then decided to see the Joseph Smith Movie. But first we stopped at the distribution center and picked up a few things as well. We then made it for the movie and saw a lot of people from Midway. That was interesting. Then we were walking out to the Nauvoo Cafe when Jason decided to take me on a carriage ride of City Creek. That was really special. We had a really neat driver. And we saw tons of brides.



This was our driver, Dennis

And our horse, Smith!


We then got off at the Lion House Pantry and had dinner there. I had such a great day! Thank you Gus Gus! I am so glad that I am married to the greatest man and the bestest friend I have had! I love him! And ALL the surprises I get with him! Thank you again for the most enjoyable day!

We were on the carriage! It was SO bright outside! But it felt great to have the sun out and it finally warming up enough!

The flowers were out in full bloom! I am so happy to see them this year! They look magnificent!

2 comments:

Charles said...

Sounds like fun! I have never been on a carriage ride, and I always want to go on one. Don't you love the tulips this time of year?

Anonymous said...

i loved the whole carriage ride thing! thats amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!