Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Friends Forever!

Some of you know one of my best friends! Someone that I hold very close to my heart! Her name is Heather Sapp. I met her at the very first activity in our ward back in FL. Her and her husband Dean moved in with the new born sone, Josh. They came to the ward dinner we were having so that us youth could raise money for camp. I was very excited (I was 12) and asked her to sit with my mom. From then on I loved her and her family. I also remember they were barely in our ward and Dean had a work Christmas Party to attend and Heather was nervous about leaving Josh with someone. So my mom told her that we could babysit Josh and for them and not to worry. Well guess you showed up just 2 hours after they left...you guessed it! Heather & Dean. And we reassured them everything was just fine.

Heather later on became one of my young women's leaders! I remember having so much fun with her and Kim Middleton! They were my two favorite leaders! Sometimes I wish I could go back in time and be there again! I learned so much from both of them. I continued to babysit for Heather and her growing family. I was there when Alaina came and then Rebekah. I was there when she asked me to drive Alaina and Josh home so that she could concentrate on Primary. Yes, I got to drive her van! That was alot of fun! I left right after her son was born.

I guess you are wondering why I am writing about Heather. I found out on Sunday that she has cancer. I don't know what kind but from what I have heard from back home it is pretty serious. But what cancer isn't serious. She is one of my dearest friends. It broke my heart to hear this SAD news. They were the family I wanted to have. She has 4 great kids and one awesome husband. They are such a very spiritual family. I miss Heather alot.

I remember she was released from YW's and we were all like what are we going to do?? And then about a year later I turned 18 and got to go to Relief Society! I was like "Um...I don't belong here!" Norma Bench was the Relief Society President and suggested that Heather and I be paired together for visiting teaching. That was alot of fun! We became really close and I felt like I could tell her anything without her judging me! That was really nice! I miss her a ton and now that this news had hit me (finally) I can't believe that I could be losing someone real close to me.

Her and her family are moving back out to Utah. I am very happy because I get to see her again! But sad that this is what had to bring her back out here.

If you are reading this and you know Heather, Angela & I are gathering together sweet little notes to Heather and then you can mail them out to me and I will put them in an album with photos and other little things from our old memories of things. As soon as that is all collected and finished I plan on giving it to Heather after they move out here. So leave me a comment or shoot me an email.

I love you Heather! You are always in my prayers!
Margaret

1 comments:

Kimberly said...

Margaret, this is very nice. Heather would be touched. Have you seen the message I emailed you on Saturday?