Friday, October 24, 2008

Counting my Blessings!

I know I just posted but I would feel bad if I didn't post this!

This morning as I was sitting at work I decided to check our bank account and start paying bills! Now anyone who knows me knows I spend money like there is NO tomorrow! But in my Psychology class we were asked to either break a habit or start a new positive habit and record everyday what we did to either break or start the habit. My bad habit is spending. So I decided that for one month I would not spend money on frivilous things! I have been doing super well. We haven't gone out to eat for dinner or me for lunch, I haven't spent money on unecessary items and just been making sure we pay our bills and have food in our home. Well this morning Jason's check was the largest we have seen since school let out in June. It was so nice to get some money in our little house. So I decided earlier this week Jason & I would sit down and see if we had the means for me to do something for myself this weekend. My nails! I love getting my nails done! It is nice to sit for 2 hours and just have someone else paint and polish my nails up! So anyway as I was sitting and paying bills I felt like I was running into a snag. Like I was missing a bill or calculating wrong. So I decided I wouldn't go get my nails done and that I would just wait until sometime later! Well I was actually calculating that amount of Jason's instead of calculating everything in our checking account. So after a few tears and a much needed prayer I saw what I was doing and realized we wouldn't have $2 after this weekend of bills we would have $3...jk but still that is a relief let me tell you! And as I sat here and called my mom and boo'd to her about my problem (she TOTALLY understands!) I realized that I should be counting my blessings! Jason & I both have jobs, we have a nice home, we have a vehicle that works (and eats gas!) and we have friends and family who love us! Thank you so much for all of your prayers! We have truly felt them! I love my Heavenly Father so much! He is the one who answered my prayers while sitting in my office hoping that I would somehow make it through Christmas! We love you all!

Jason & Margaret

1 comments:

Angela said...

count your blessings name them one by one,
count your blessings see what god hath done,
count your many blessings,
name them one by one,
count your many blessings see what god hath done!

You are blessed....you know me!